My name is Johan Åhlén and I’m a Data Scientist, Musician and IT-entrepreneur. I’ve around 20 years of experience from the IT business and have started a couple of companies.
In addition, I have a daughter with Smith-Magenis syndrome, which is a very rare diagnosis that has changed a lot for our family.
Being a Data Scientist it is my speciality to explore databases and make the information available and more easily understandable so that people can make well-informed decisions. The most thrilling about being Data Scientist is that I work within a diversity of knowledge areas such as mathematics, data modelling, business management, economics, social sciences, communications and humanities. My education is a master’s degree in Engineering Physics, but I’ve also spent a year at the Academy of music and arts in Göteborg and various other academic courses. However, I consider real life the best school.
- 2011-2018, have I received the Microsoft Most Valuable Professional (“MVP”) Award within my knowledge area Microsoft SQL Server databases and Business Intelligence.
- I’ve been recognized by TechWorld / Computer Sweden as one of the top developers in Sweden.
- I’m also co-founder of one of the largest conferences in the world on SQL Server: PASS SQLRally Nordic.
- Also, during 2009-2016, I was president of the Microsoft SQL Server User Group in Sweden.
- I’ve worked over 10 years as manager and business owner. Still startup businesses and entrepreneurship is something I really take a great interest in. It has also helped make me interested in social sciences.
- I started up SolidQ in Sweden and Norway. SolidQ is an international IT consultancy with over 1000 customers in 25 countries.
I have written a couple of articles about living with a family member having Smith-Magenis syndrome. My articles are available here.
Do you want to use texts or any material that I have published on my blog? Just get in touch and we will solve it!